Friday, June 24, 2011

Temporary Upgrade?

I really wanted to update this week with a new Therefore I am, but unfortunately I was busy with jury duty this week, and have started another project that is a bit time consuming. So instead, let's talk about my temporary upgrade!


Left: the Mini Ultra sewing machine I bought nearly 6 years ago. It's a total trooper.
Right: My Mom's "fancy" brother sewing machine.

When I was down in Los Angeles visiting my folks, I took full advantage of the sewing machine my Mom bought a few months ago, and sewed with it nearly every night. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet it sewed.

My Mini ultra has a mere 10 different stitches. In the past, these were enough as I mainly did very basic sewing. My Mom's machine? It has 70, yes 70 different stitches! It also comes with 10 different feet. Who knew you would need that many? Not to mention all sort of other features that make this a dream to sew with. I'm very sad that I have to return the machine to my Mom when I see her in August! Ahh...but until then, imagine all the wonderful things I can and plan to sew? This makes me happy.

Happy Friday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment