Friday, June 17, 2011

Fabric fun!

I recently spent a couple of weeks visiting my family in Los Angeles, and came back with some new fabrics. I'm lucky that my parents live very close to Los Angeles' fashion district, where there's tons of fabric stores. I only checked out Michael Levine's, which is amazing, but not very cheap. Had I planned better, I would have had cash on hand and spent the morning checking out other stores, but that's okay. So what did I bring back to Oakland?



Fabrics 1, 4, 5 and 9 were stashed away in a sewing bin I left in my old room. I bought these years ago, when I was exploring sewing. I know I had more, but I donated a bunch of scraps to Inner-City Arts, an arts education non-profit that I worked for.

Fabrics 2 and 3 I found at Saint Vincent de Paul thrift store. It's the first time I've picked up fabric from a thrift store; I normally buy vintage dresses, shirts or furniture. Unfortunately for me, the clothes selection was just so-so.

Fabrics 6, 7 and 8 I bought at Michael Levine's and I already know exactly what I'm going to make with them.

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited that my stash is growing and growing. I also have a few coupons to Joann's, which I'm hoping to use this weekend (before they expire!) and a gift card for Stonemountain & Daughter, a local fabric store in Berkeley. This makes me very happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment