Saturday, September 24, 2011

September Birthdays

I know far too many people born in September, which lead to a couple of weeks of mad sewing. I'm not sure how it happened, but I swear, the birthdays crept up on me! 

This month I made a Feliz Cumpleanos banner (not picture -- I didn't have time to take a photo before I mailed it off), two Happy Birthday banners, a set of mustaches, and one last gift that has not quite made it out of the door, so I won't spill the secret.

Zissou, also a September birthday, is never camera shy. I kept fighting with him to move so that I could snap a couple of photos, but he wouldn't have it. Instead fighting him, I let him have his way, and I ended up with this adorable photo. 





Here's an up close photo of the Happy Birthday banner. I made two of these, much smaller than my original banners, and with a new font, which I'm liking more than the bolded American Typewriter I normally use. 



The letters are a little more work, but I really like how they turned out. I'm hoping to head out to the fabric store sometime this weekend to pick up some materials for my Christmas banner.


And, as a special gift for my friend and coworker, I made this set of mustaches! The hardest part making these was deciding what kind of mustache I wanted to make. I'm not exactly happy with who they look (there's a little messiness where the douwel was hot glued in), but I started cutting and crafting without a plan. Now I know for the next time. Does anyone want a set of these?



I have one last gift that I made for my sister, who's birthday is next week, but I'll post that after the 29th. 


Happy Birthday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment