Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome!

At the beginning of this year one of my friends promised a handmade gift to the first five people who commented on her status update. The catch? Each person then had to re-post the status, offering to make a handmade gift to 5 other people. I only got one response on my status, but I was inspired to create wonderful things with my own hands. And thus, I sew, therefore I am was born.

I'm kind of a novice at the whole hand making goods thing. In the past, I've found myself making plush dolls for my friends, or sewing up tote bags without a plan, and even attempting to make a dress or two without knowing how to read a pattern. Some items turned out better than others, but I always enjoyed the process of making things. Unfortunately, my lack of patience occasionally made the experiences less than enjoyable.

Having grown wiser and more patient since those early sewing endeavors, I'm excited to share my journey through new projects with you!







No comments:

Post a Comment